Kayak 101 is a great place to start your learning journey or get a refresher. This class is structured around the two essential questions every paddler needs to answer.
- Should I be out here paddling today and how do I know that?
- If yes to above, then do I have a solution for when things do not go as expected.
The course takes place both on dryland and on the water.
– Self assessment
– Core concepts of paddling technique
– Incident Management and Rescue Priorities
– Wind, water, weather and waves
– Hazard identification and AVOIDANCE
– Boat and Paddle design
– Throw ropes
On the Water
- Boat handling basics
- Rescue Strategies and Techniques
- Incident debriefing
Contact us at email@example.com if you’re interested in a Kayak 101 course and do not see one listed in our current courses.